Thursday, October 20, 2005

SUNY NEW PALTZ - REPRESENT!


Hello. I am very interested in working with this organization. I am currently attending SUNY New Paltz, however, and will be leaving shortly to go back to school. I, along with a friend, have created a knitting and
crocheting club at our school and if you are interested, we would be more than happy to work with you and help out in any way while we are in New Paltz, if this is possible. Currently we have a group of very talented students making newborn and preemie caps for infants at 2 hospitals, one
where my co-president's mother works in New Jersey and the other at the local hospital where my roomates step-mother works in the New Paltz area. Again if you are interested please contact me at this phone number or email
address. Thank-you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon

And so began a unique concept for me which came from its own energy - the expansion of Sue Rock Originals to other states (no not the state of confusion!) - This wonderful young woman came with her brother to pick up yarn and BRING IT TO SCHOOL (and this two days before she was leaving!!!)

Well I just received this latest letter and photo from her crew there!

...after doing one last final count we have 13 skeins of yarn that you gave us. Our meetings have been going smoothly and just yesterday we started making hat/ scarf sets. We hope to be done with this by the end of this semester (roughly mid-December). We have mostly beginners so we expect it to take a while. Thank-you for your patience and I'm glad everything is turning out great. ...


The party is just getting started I see!

AMAZING!!

Love you all

Sue

No comments: